CQTech PhD student participates in a collaborative software management workshop at ICTP
Our PhD student, Abdellah Tounsi, participated in the 9th Workshop on Collaborative Scientific Software Development and Management of Open Source Scientific Packages, organized at the ICTP, in Italy, from November 28th, 2022 to December 9th, 2022.
This program was designed to give scientists and research groups the basic tools to manage their open source packages and software projects. Since software development became central in scientific achievements, it is necessary to train early-career scientists on collaborative and sustainable project management.
The program covered various topics that are essential to the scientific developer such as:
- Computer architectures and software optimization.
- Modular and reusable software design.
- Effective collaborative development with multiple co-authors.
- Automated testing frameworks, structured documentation.
- Management of open source scientific packages.
- Continuous integration & deployment.
- Visualisation as a development tool.
- Conversational development.
Abdellah is grateful to the organizers of this program: Alessandro Corbetta from Eindhoven University of Technology, David Grellscheid from University of Bergen, and Ivan Girotto from ICTP, as well as to the brilliant lecturers: Ali Farnudi from École Normale Supérieure de Lyon and Laura Garrison from University of Bergen.
For further information, visit https://indico.ictp.it/event/9781/.